.header .description { color: black; }

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Therapeutic Tuesdays: Missed Opportunities

There has been plenty times in my life where I 've missed an opportunity to do something- anything for that matter.  I'll admit that I am the type of person who will either (1) pass on something thinking that something else better will come along or (2) won't go because there's no one to go with. I know, I know, both are not good because I missed out on opportunities that could have enriched my life- somehow. 

In order to change the way you do things, you have to change the way you think.  I would honestly believe that I was missing out on something by saying no to an opportunity to do something else.HELLOOO.... I had nothing planned in the first place. Dah!!!!!

I'm learning that in order to first attract  people  or even a mate who eludes positivity, you must first be comfortable within your skin.  Now, I've gone to concerts, clubs, movies and early dinners by myself, but I don't think I was fully enjoying the presence of my own company. I go to mall to get what was needed and leave. I wouldn't savor each bite restaurants that I have visited. Or Iwould rush home like I had someone waiting.  I was truly missing out on life's opportunities.

I remember asking this guy who always seemed to be out and about.."what is it that your doing that keeps you out"?  He responded by saying he didn't rush when he had things to do. He said he may go to that mall and walk around , go to Home Depot to look at tools, come home watch TV for bit then would get up and go back out and wash his car or just take in a movie.  Now, when I look at his list of things to keep him busy, it looks  like errands to me- I told him.  He said yeah they were, but his thing was, he doesn't rush to do them all at once. He said that there are different types of people that's out throughout the day and he gets to see who they are by going out at different times.  AaAhhhh HHaaaaa.

 See my thing was to get up early on Saturday and get all my errands done so that I can be home relaxing the rest of the day.  The problem with that is, I'm home and done with all my errands by mid-afternoon. Now, who am I really seeing when I'm home at 2 in the afternoon. NO-ONE. Shoot... some people are just rolling out of bed at that time. lol

So, as I write this, I have to jump on any opportunity that comes my way because there's some sort of experience to learn from it. I'm committing to saying "yes" to opportunities to experience life. Who knows, I might find new opportunities including (clearing throat) a date. SMILE

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I have a similar thinking as you when it comes to errands. I LOVE sitting a home relaxing, and when I'm out, I'm trying to get things done as soon as possible. Looks like I need to apply his philosophy to my life and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...