.header .description { color: black; }

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Therapeutic Tuesdays: The best teacher in the world is..... your mirror

 There may be someone in your life right now, that irritates or annoys the heck out of you.  Something with their personality or actions that just doesn't jive with you.  This may be a mirroring effect of your inner self.

Each friendship/relationship plays/ed a role in how you see yourself.  I'm quickly learning that it's some part of one self that is not being addressed.  When these behaviors show up in others, you have to sit back and review what is it about his/her behavior that needs to be addressed.

I can admit, I haven't learned my lesson yet with my teacher-the mirror.  After this last relationship with Mr. Unavailable (and reviewing  my prior history with Mr. Unavailables), I realized that maybe I'm not fully being available to apart of myself.

Our life is one big mirror with different teachers who come in and out to teach us a lesson.  If you didn't learn, it will show up again..and again. Well, that happened to me. The different unavilables kept showing up in my life repeatedly because I didn't learned the lesson.

I am slowly learning what I need to do in order to have a healthy loving relationship.  The qualities that I seek out in a mate should be qualities that I exhibit.

 So if someone is irritating me, I need to sit back and ask what is this situation telling me about myself.  Instead of pointing the finger at the other person, I am going to focus on what's going on with my unresolved inner self.

So the next time you walk by the mirror, is it a reflection you like or is it a reflection that needs some tweaking. The latter is what I need--some tweaking.


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...