.header .description { color: black; }

Friday, May 27, 2011

Freestyle Fridays: R.I.P Stink Bug

For those who may not know, I can't stand bugs, rodents, insects etc.... I think I was traumatized as a child.  I would be the one who would be in the house when everyone was in the backyard at a cookout.  I've had my fair share of bug stories growing up, but here is another for you- just today.

So I was in my bed room minding my business when something came fluttering in (moth like) and hit the wall. It was one of those darn stink bugs they've been talking about. So what did I do.... got the heck up and ran. Normally, I don't kill bugs (I've been known to shut the door to the room it's in and sleep in the opposite room until I know it's dead. I slept on the couch for a week until I knew a cricket was dead in my room), but I was going to get this one.

 For those of you who don't know, stink bugs are very hard to kill. They don't die with bug spray (probably because of the hard shell) and if you step on them, they emit a foul odor (hence their name stink bug). Any who, I got the broom and flung it where it landed on my lamp. I then got the bug spray and sprayed the heck out of it. I knew it wouldn't work, but maybe it would of slowed it down and not do so much flying until I can get my plan together.

The bug then landed on the floor underneath my dresser and it was moving slow ( I guess from the spray). As I got closer to it , I noticed it wasn't moving slow because of the spray, but moving slow because it had a dust bunny on it's back.  Yes, a dust bunny.  It was flopping all around trying to get it off, but to no avail. So finally it somehow flopped on it's back, dust bunny and all and went to bug heaven.

I guess dust bunnies are the new bug spray (for stink bugs that is). Don't hate the dust hate the stink bug. That dust came in handy. lol

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. it's better to spray something to stink bugs. rather than crashing them because they leave nasty scent that causing you a headache.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...