.header .description { color: black; }

Thursday, April 21, 2011

To Do List Thursdays: Get acquainted with your own backyard

There are times when I fantasize about jet setting around the world or wining & dining at the fanciest restaurant's, but then reality sets in because guess what- I can't. Well, I won't say can't, I'll say- can't- right now.

 Some people are driving a Benz, but are on a Ford Focus budget.  All of this to what- keep up with the Jones'. NOT!!!!.  Let me tell you something, I'm not going broke for no one.  I grew to understand what my "living means" are and are not. And guess what, It's not much.  But I also realized that you can do some of these things without breaking the bank.  It's called "exploring your own city". 

In exploring your own neighborhood, you'll be amazed at how much it has to offer.  By doing this, you can accomplish a few things: (1) Learn something new about a neighborhood you haven't been to (2) Recyling the dollar within your community to help keep businesses afloat & (3) Take advantage of the free to low cost entertainment that's being offered.  There's a variety of things to do to fit any budget. All you have to do is search.

As a resident of this city/state for 9yrs, I need to explore more.  So, this summer, I am challenging myself to get acquainted in my own backyard while on a budget. Are you up for the challenge?

To do list:

(1) Black Wax Museum
(2) A new local restaurant
(3) Old Ellicott City
(4) Other malls in the area.

Good night people.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...