.header .description { color: black; }

Monday, April 18, 2011

MaNic MoNDaYS: Volunteer

I wish that every weekend was a long weekend. I have a hard time getting up on Mondays. I just want to lay in the comfort of my warm bed and stay there until my internal alarm clock wakes me. But since I have  this thing called "rent" to pay, I have to make my way to the office.

Every Monday, I take my clients to volunteer at a soup kitchen. There, we serve meals for anybody in need.  Though my job is to supervise the clients, I end up volunteering myself. It feels good and honestly, my soul really needed it this Monday morning. 

It's amazing to see the people that come through the line needing or wanting food. It makes you wonder about their journey in life. Some are on drugs, homeless, recovering or just in need of a meal. It makes you grateful for what you have as well as to complain less when you can't get those shoes this week.

 I encourage you to donate your time. It doesn't have to be long. Just do something to help someone else that is in need. You'll feel good, I promise.

Everyone has a story to tell. What's yours?

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...