.header .description { color: black; }

Friday, April 29, 2011

Freestyle Fridays: Have a back up plan

 Help me understand...... I came home from work today and it looked like someone was moving. But to my surprise, the person was evicted. I've never seen this before. I knew people got evicted, but I have never seen the process nor knew that they just put your sbelongings on the street.  Maybe I did see it, but just didn't think it was an eviction, but thought it was stuff for bulk trash day. Call it naive.Whatever.

I've always been a planner.  I know that sometimes things happen that causes a set back, but you can't wallow in your own pity.  You have think about what your going to do next. So, through an eviction process, a couple of things had to have happen.

- A person hadn't paid rent for a few months
- The complex or landlord takes you to court
-You have  thirty days (if not more) to pay the back rent or vacate premises
-Then they (complex/landlord) lock you out if no payment was made.

So, while all of this is happening, your back up plan should take place. 
-Put belongings in storage (which is way cheaper than rent) or give away
-Seek rental assistance from state agencies, churches or organizations in your community
-Stay with someone (of course offer money) or rent a room or even a shelter if needed, until your back on your feet

Now I say this because the person (s)  was evicted and his/her belongings are now on the lawn in front of the complex. Why would you want some stranger (complex/landlord workers)  go through your belongings?? Belongings that you work hard for over the years to obtain, just because a plan was not in place. I saw another eviction (in my complex) where a women was sitting in her chair on the front lawn just so no one would steal her belongings.

Always have a back up plan. There are going to be bumps in the road  of this journey called life. You might swerve, turn around, jump over or even get a new map in order to find your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...