.header .description { color: black; }

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Therapeutic Tuesdays: Shut your mouth

Let me give you a little insight about how I operate. I am the type of person who can read a magazine /newspaper/brochure/pamphlet and if they mention something of interest (blog, website, phone number to call whatever), I will jot down the information and look it up. So I say this to say, as I get older, I am realizing that I need to be quiet-more. I say this because I find myself reminding people of things, telling them of something I came across or just information in general that maybe useful.  You may say, "what's so bad about that"? There's technically nothing bad about it, it's just that the information or reminders (let's say) are not reciprocated.  People may not do these things intentionally, but I just feel some sort of way about it. Crazy right. Yeah, I know.  Here's an example... it had already been twenty minutes into a television show, when I called this person to say, hey-such and such is on.  The person responded, "oh yeah, I'm watching it already". I felt some kinda way because was he going to remind me that the show was on if I didn't call him? Probably not since the show was only on for a half an hour and we were already twenty minutes in.

 I wonder if people think I'm coming across as bragging- like- I know more information than them.Or is it me worrying way to much about other people? Or am I taking this way to personal? IDK. So for right now, I think I will just shut my mouth and do me. If someone asks me about something, I will tell. Otherwise, I'll  keep it moving.

closed,emotions,environmental issues,faces,mouth closed,quiet,shut up,silence,silent,smiley,smiley face,smiley faces,smileys,smilie,smilie face,smilie faces,smilies,smily,smily face,smily faces,smilys,symbols,zipped,zippers




Good night....

1 comment:

  1. I like having random bits of knowledge to offer up... but I hate being treated like a tv guide - I swear I get asked everyday "what's on tonight?"
    Why is it my job to know?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...