.header .description { color: black; }

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sinful Saturdays: Thrifting...NOT

 I had major plans to go thrift store shopping today. All last night I was dreaming about what treasures I would find. I couldn't wait. So this morning I got up and had my list of errands to run before making my way to the bargains that I would find. I made my way to Village Economy Thrift Store. The lot was full, I thought "wow... there must be some good stuff in here today"- (I haven't been there in a while). I opened the door to a very clean, well organized thrift store with lots and lots of stuff.. I grabbed my cart ready for my hunt to begin.  Pocket book, shoes and shirts oh my!!!!At that point, I went to the shirts (I always seem to lack shirts) and started flipping through the racks. That's when I saw IT!!! IT you ask??.. yes IT!! The PRICES.  Those dag on prices were higher than Jerome Biggums on Dave Chappelle lol. What in the world???? Shirts $6.90, pocket books $8.00, dresses $9.90. Who is pricing these items??? Do they know you can get a shirt new on clearance for cheaper than that?? It's ashamed that they are jacking up the prices on donated stuff.  Whatever happened to those days where stuff was .25 cents. SMDH @ Village Economy. Needless to say, I walked out empty handed. Tomorrow is a new day and I will be headed to the flea market to see what I can get.  For real this time.

PS... I found some cute earrings from the beauty supply store. I guess this brightened my day because if you read my post on getting to know moi, you will know that I HEART EARRINGS (galore).

Good night....

1 comment:

  1. It is pretty common place for higher prices at thrift stores. At mine, most tops range from $6 to $10, but after they have been there for two months they are half off, and after four, they are $1.
    I'm sure it just has to do with the area and the economy. When they find really nice items, they actually look them up on ebay to see what they are going for, print out the page with the final selling price, and use that as their price tag!

    ps. the london fog clutch was found at tjmaxx a few years ago, so it might be a tough one to track down.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...