.header .description { color: black; }

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sinful Sundays: It aint easy eating healthly

I really want to start eating healthier. Although I am a vegetarian, I picked up the habit of eating a lot more sweets and carbs. And we all know the math/ Sweets + Carbs= Weight Gain.

So I went to this local heath food store and got some groceries. And when I said some, it was some. The total bill was $36.56 and I know I will be finished eating them by Tuesday (maybe Wednesday). What did I buy you ask. Well, here it is:

 Crackers, string cheese, veggies chips, organic banana's, single serve dark chocolate, perfect pumpkin bar (which is soooo good), zevia soda (sugar & calorie free) and a grape strip (it's like candy licorice)
I also got some pirate booties, pop-chips, pro biotic drinks, unsweetened dried papaya strips, a sandwich for lunch (today), organic cranberry juice, hummus and two containers of lentils & brown rice mix (yum-o) for lunch tomorrow. I'm a snacker, so I needed things to snack on that's going to be low in sugar and in calories.

So, here is a picture of my sandwich. It's called a power house sandwich and it is sooo good.
It has two thick slices of mu ester (type) cheese, alfalfa sprouts, tomato's, lettuce, vegetarian mayo on two slices of grain (and you can taste it) bread.  I ate this with my zevia cream soda. It was yummy for my tummy. It's ashamed that to eat healthy it's costly. I guess it's the price you pay.

Enjoy your day, I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...