.header .description { color: black; }

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Soulful Sundays: Thrift List

As I mentioned before, I stumble across some bloggers who inspired me to re-do/re-purpose & re-arrange things items that are purchased from the thrift stores. One of the bloggers mentioned that she has a list that she carries when going to thrift stores. You can very easily develop ADD (nothing against people who have ADD, but it's a lot of stuff that you can become distracted). 

I am by no way a handy person, but I will try my hand at a DIY project.  These ladies are doing it. I mean taking chairs, tables, cushions etc. and turning them into something amazing.  I cannot wait until I get my house and decorate it the way I want to.  When you live in an apartment, you are very limited in what you can do.

So, the next time I'm at the thrift store (tomorrow), I will have my list handy and try and find what I'm looking for.  Here's my thrift list:

~something unique to put my incense in
~future head board
~long mirror
~white comforter (which I will most be buying a retail store, but I will be looking)
~old school alarm clock (that looks like it has ears on it)
~tin watering container
~some type of chest (that I can put at end of bed)
~old school hamper

These are some of the things I will be looking out for (tomorrow) when I go thrifting.

Please check these blog sites out. You will be amazed to see some of the DIY projects from thrift store finds:
http://www.acountrygirlinthecity.blogspot.com/
http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/
http://www.potentiallybeautiful.com/

They inspired me to expand my decorating ideas to reflect a more whimsical, romantic feel that somehow puts you in a feel good frame of mind. I want to get up everyday like I'm in a hotel, but the hotel is my apartment.

I also stumbled upon a blog site where the bloggers pictures just captivated me. I got the feeling that this was the nicest family and I felt the love when scrolling through the pictures.  This inspired me to want to live the simple" life.  Check her page out:

http://www.paigeknudsen.blogspot.com/  "Simple Thoughts"

She also has another blog site called "Simple Moments".  I have to confess, I had a tear in my eye. It's a photo journey, but wow the pictures are awesome. Her family photograph's really well. That site is called: "Simple Moments" which you can get to through the above site I mentioned.

I've been really inspired lately by people that I am either meeting or stumbling across. I'm tell you more about an older lady I met while at a reggae wine festival.

But for now,
Be inspired... I am

Good night people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...