.header .description { color: black; }

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sinful Saturday: I heart thrifting...I don't think you heard me-I HEART THRIFTING

So, as you will see from the following pictures, me and my addictive personality are in LOVE with thrifting.  Don't get me wrong, I've done it before, but something about this time, I am feeling it. Before, I use to go for just clothes, but while I was blog searching and  I came across some blogger's that really inspired me to not only thrift for clothes, but for items for the home.   They took furniture items and re-purposed them into fabulous finds.  Remember Rachel Ashwell's "Shabby Chic"- well their style is similar to that- whimsical, romantic, county type living. It got me to wanting to re-do my itty bitty apartment to reflect this style. This style has a peaceful and serene feel. It almost makes you think your at the spa or something. So off to Goodwill I went.
There were so many unique items that you can use to add some finishing touches to your home/apartment.  I was in heaven for 2 1/2 hours.  Here are some items that I got:

 So, I'm loving these glass jars (the vase I had already) and I decided to put tea lights in them.  But while strolling through the dollar store, I found a bag of little round Styrofoam balls and rocks.  So I thought this would be good to put in the jars that I had just purchased.
So here, is the finished product. It has a beach fell to it, but I love those jars.

 So next is what I picked up for the bathroom. I got the jars with lids (at bottom @ $1.00 or less), a silver/metal tissue box covering (1st shelf@ $2.00) and another jar which is now home to my lip glosses (2nd shelf @ $1.00). Since one of the jars has a orange top, that will become my accent color.


See the orange top and the orange towel. I have another orange hand towel that I found at the dollar store which matched perfectly.
 I got a nice pitcher ($2.50) where I will be drinking my water w/lemons for days like today- HOT

And I finally got my fan. You don't understand..I've been searching (not really hard) for a hand fan (from back in the day). It's days like this you would want to whip it out of your purse and get to fanning.  A vendor at recent wine festival had one, but she was selling it for $5.00. UUmmm...nope. I got my for a mere $.25 cents. Can you believe it. When I saw it on a shelf all by it's lonesome, my eyes got HUGE with excitement. I have to glue a piece together, but for $.25 cents, it's worth it. YAY!!!!

I'm so excited with this thrifting thing (for the home especially) that I can now have my itty bitty apartment be Shabby & Chic at the same time- just alittle bit to fit that apartment.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...