.header .description { color: black; }

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Talk Tuesdays: Real Talk

I've noticed something about the relationships that I have with the people in my life. I talk a lot of "fluff". What's "fluff" you ask? It's not talking REAL TALK from the heart. You know, telling the "real deal" about a situation. Instead, I tend to apse the person by going on with whatever they are saying.  I may not agree, but I just let them go ahead and vent their frustrations out on the situation. I guess frankly...I don't want to hurt any one's feelings.  You know the statement "it's not what you say, it's how you say it" and guess what.. I don't say anything (which is just as bad). Well, I don't know how say it (without sounding harsh).  There's also knowing the balance between when people want to vent vs. adding your thoughts on the situation without sounding like your hating or that your on the other persons side.

 I've seen some people who are so blunt when talking that you feel like your being stabbed repeatedly in the stomach.  People who are like this really give you a dose of reality real quick and sometimes people with thin skin cannot take it.  By know means do I want to be like that because people still have feelings.

So I say all this say, sometimes people need to hear the truth.  By NOT saying anything is even worse because this maybe what the person needs for their growth process to continue.  My journey it to find the right (1) balance in knowing when to say something and (2) approach without sounding too harsh.

Have you ever had someone say something to you and it cut you to your core?   OOuucchh

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...